Italy has so much to offer all types of holiday makers from families to couples, and honeymooners to friends travelling together. With its rolling landscapes, long coastline, luxury hotels and shopping, and fascinating history it has been attracting tourists for decades. When it comes to choosing where to go in Italy, Tuscany is top of the wish list for many people.
To narrow it down to 5 good reasons is a tricky task but here we go:
- Beautiful historic cities – the world famous cities of Florence, Arezzo and Siena are known for their magnificent fine art, medieval history and architecture. Other “must-see” gems are Cortona, Pienza and Perugia , all just a short drive from Cignella.
- Food & wine – the region is famous for its premium olive oils, pecorino cheese, succulent steaks and exquisite wine. Producers of these culinary delights can be found all around Cignella such as in Pienza, the Chianti region and the hilltop villages of Montalcino and Montepulciano which are within a 30 min drive.
- Captivating scenery– the region boasts stunning countryside peppered with quaint villages and pretty hilltop towns which reward visitors with outstanding views. Cignella nestled in the heart of Tuscany overlooks the beautiful Val di Chiana and guests can enjoy mesmerising scenery from their terrace, balcony and all around the resort.
- Relaxation – spa retreats with thermal baths are in abundance within a short drive of Cignella. Known for their healing powers they are a popular choice. For those wishing to stay closer to home, massage treatments can be arranged at Cignella and the wonderful resort pool is the perfect place to unwind and relax.
- Italian hospitality – Italians love to welcome guests and always extend a warm and friendly greeting. Cignella is no exception and staff are always on hand to help guests both before and during their stay. Nothing is ever too much trouble, we promise!
The list could go on and on….fabulous restaurants, great walking trails, colourful markets and of course delicious ice-cream! Whatever reason brings you to Tuscany we hope you have a wonderful time and choose Cignella as your place to stay. If you need any help before you arrive, just drop us an email as we would love to help.
See you soon