- The contract entered into is between The Cignella Estate (The Owner) and the person making the booking (The Hirer).
- The contract is not effective until the required payment has been received and confirmation sent from the Owner to the Hirer.
- Bookings cannot be accepted from:
- Persons under the age of 18 years
- Parties where the majority of members are under 18 years (except supervised groups).
- The number of persons occupying a property must not exceed the maximum stated in the current property description.
- The person who makes the booking (the Hirer) will be responsible for all persons included in the booking and should ensure that they are aware of the booking conditions.
- The Owner reserves the right to decline any booking or refuse to hand over a key to any person who has not complied with the booking conditions.
- Bookings cannot be accepted from:
- Reservations can be accepted by telephone and must be confirmed within 1 days by the receipt of an email booking form and within 3 days the required non-refundable deposit payment as agreed.
- Provisional reservations are not possible.
- To secure a reservation:
- Complete all parts of the booking form and email
- Post the non-refundable deposit as quoted which is partial payment of the total cost of the holiday to the owner
- Pay the balance of the cost, including the 200 euros fully refundable damage excess, 8 weeks before the holiday is due to start.
- If the balance is not received within the time specified the Owner reserves the right to cancel the booking and retain the deposit
- Bookings made within 8 weeks of the start of the holiday require payment in full at the time of booking.
- A fully refundable damage and excess cleaning deposit of 200 euros is charged to all bookings to ensure that all the facilities are left in a clean and tidy condition. This deposit is banked and will be refunded within 5 days of departure.
- Once a booking is confirmed the Hirer is responsible for the total cost of the holiday
- Where the Hirer gives credit card details to the Owner in order to guarantee a booking or in order to make a payment of a deposit, then it is agreed between the parties that in the event of cancellation by the Hirer the Owner may debit the Hirers credit card with the full amount of the holiday less an allowance for any deposit already received.
- In the event of cancellation by the Hirer the Owner will endeavour to re-let the property and if successful may refund any monies paid less a 50.00 euros administration fee.
- Any Change by the Hirer in holiday dates will be subject to the agreement of the Owner.
- If, for reasons beyond its control, the Owner has to cancel or alter arrangements made for the Hirer, the Owner will make every effort to offer an alternative property locally.
- If the Hirer does not accept the alternative offered, or if there is no alternative to offer, the Owner will return to the Hirer all monies paid, where upon the owners liability will cease.
- If the Owner has to terminate the holiday early, for reasons beyond the control of the Owner, the hirer will be refunded that part of the booking fee based on the time remaining of the booking. No additional compensation, expenses or costs will be payable.
- Bookings are not transferable to persons other than those named on the booking form, except by agreement with the owner.
Damage, Loss and Nuisance
- The Hirer agrees:
- That the supervision of children and any adults requiring care, remains the responsibility of the Hirer at all times
- To be responsible for leaving the accommodation in good order and clean condition, or otherwise a charge will be levied at 20 euros per hour.
- To pay for any damage however caused excluding reasonable wear and tear incurred during occupation.
- Not to cause excessive noise, nuisance or annoyance to the occupants of any nearby property.
- To allow reasonable access to the property by the caretaker concierge if it is deemed necessary
- If in the opinion of the management any person is not suitable to continue their occupation of the property because of unreasonable behaviour damage or nuisance to other parties, the contract may treated by the owner as discharged and the owner may possess the property immediately. The Hirer will remain liable for the whole cost of hire and no refund will be due.
- Smoking is not permitted in the holiday accommodation and great care must be taken on the estate due to rural location.
- The Hirer agrees:
- Occupancy shall be from 4pm on the day of arrival to 10 am on the day of departure, unless special arrangements have been made (The house keepers have a limited time to prepare the property for the next guests and you are asked to respect this).
- Any persons other than members of your party must not use the facilities at any Cignella Estate rental property.
Fireworks, Dyes, Felt Pens, Paint, Crayons
- Fireworks, Dyes, Paint, Felt pens and Wax crayons are not allowed under any circumstances
- The property is suitable for dogs & pets with prior permission, but upmost care must be taken to remove droppings and pet hair etc as much as possible.
- Pets must be detailed at time of booking and an additional cautionary deposit of 50 euros added for each pet.
- Whilst the Owner makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of descriptions, these are inevitably subjective and are for guidance only. If there are any points of particular importance please contact the Owner to clarify information.
- Whilst the Owner has taken all responsible steps to ensure that the information contained in its brochures, tariffs, websites and advertisements are accurate the owner reserves the right to alter, substitute or withdraw any service, facilities or amenity.
- The Owner cannot accept responsibility for any material loss, damage, additional expense or inconvenience directly or indirectly caused by or arising out of the property, its plumbing, heating, electrical services or exceptional weather.
- No responsibility is accepted for loss or damage of property, vehicles or vehicle contents belonging to the Hirer or any member of the party during their occupancy.
- If in the opinion of the Hirer there are grounds for complaint, it is the duty of the Hirer to take it up with the concierge immediately or as soon as reasonably possible and in any event before departure to allow remedial action to be taken.
- It is specifically agreed that failure by the Hirer to notify the concierge of any complaint in accordance with the timescale set out in clause 11.1 will entitle the owner to refuse to entertain the complaint, irrespective of its merits.
- The failure of the owner to enforce or exercise, at any time, or for any period of time, any term of, or any right pursuant to this Agreement does not constitute and shall not be construed as a waiver of such term or right.
- The construction, validity and performance of this Agreement is governed by the law and the parties agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the Courts.
- The Hirer agrees that the contract with the owner is made at the owner's premises and that any proceedings between the parties shall be conducted in the Court nearest to the Owner.
- Clause headings are for convenience only and do not form part of or affect the interpretation of this agreement.